Choose Life. . .



Bill McKenna has said: "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well- preserved piece,
but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Moses said: "...therefore, choose life..." (Deuteronomy 30:19).

I choose life - with all its choices, challenges and changes!

How about you?


Thursday, January 19, 2012

But...but...but...

I've tried to do it for years. I know it! It's only a letter. But the pattern doesn't change. Today it will! But, of course, I'm doing this instead of tackling the challenge.

I sat at my computer earlier today, face like flint, take charge attitude, willing the words to come. I admit my escapist tricks. I pick away at stuff on a messy desk. I check E-mail accounts (several of them). I write some answers. I check Facebook. I make some comments. I shiver. I turn up the furnace. I sip some water. Of course that calls for a trip down the hall. I even search for a file that holds previous attempts to handle the challenge.


Then I laugh out loud! Why do I spend so much energy to avoid the obvious? Tackle the challenge, mark it off the list and experience the relief and release that comes with that choice.


Time management gurus tell us to tackle the most difficult item on our "to-do" list first--get the hard stuff out of the way and sail through the rest of the day.


It's still "to be determined..."  I'll let you know.

But first, I think it's coffee time...

No comments:

Post a Comment